Education is one of the factors that most influences the advancement and progress of societies and people. It is necessary in each of the senses, since one of the main benefits of education is the integral formation of the student both at a personal, intellectual and social level, while education becomes a determining factor that helps level out inequalities. economic and social from the generation of better opportunities for the individual.
Education is a multidirectional process of cultural transfer that we use to transmit a number of values and knowledge to people, in order to facilitate and promote personal enrichment as well as helping to interact with the outside world.
On a personal level, this transmission of knowledge is quite enriching since through it people can be provided with tools and strategies that are necessary to strengthen and define the characteristics of each individual, in the same way it facilitates integration into society through the benefits of education .
The teacher in the educational process
Years ago, teachers were only transmitters of knowledge and the main work tool were textbooks, however today we can find that the fundamental task of educators is to guide and guide students, who in addition to achieve specific knowledge, they will also be able to polish and train all the necessary skills for the future.
Benefits of education according to school stage
When people receive the proper education it is possible to make them contribute to society from different aspects, thus causing a much more stimulating and stable community, however today there are still many who question whether the benefits of education are exclusive to the itself (if only they can be learned through it), and the truth is that no.
The benefits of education can be acquired outside the classroom, after all, that is where they are usually reflected. Even so, it is a fact that the school and the educational system in general facilitate and guide these benefits.
From a series of basic criteria we can establish some student benefits between the different levels of education. These are:
In preschool education
Preschool is the name given to the training cycle prior to primary education , generally given to children under 6 years of age, and constitutes their first experience in the educational system .
Benefits of preschool education
- Early learning : Early exposure to didactics and learning processes will facilitate the child ‘s development in primary education.
- Social interaction : Being surrounded by peers their age gives children many opportunities to interact socially, this can help them learn, grow and mature.
- Educational activities : The child will be exposed to a wide range of activities, including art, music, dance and sports.
- Academic structure : They will be able to develop a routine from an early age which can help children to acquire good habits, as long as the routine is healthy. In addition, they make it easier for him to adjust to primary school since he is already used to getting up and starting the day early.
- Access to primary : Preschools help children to enter primary education more easily.
- Literacy : In preschool children begin to learn to read and write, fundamental skills for the rest of their lives.
- Math Learning : They are able to learn numbers and some basic math such as addition or subtraction.
- Science Learning : They will learn about animals, nature, body parts, and more.
- Learning through play and discovery : Observation, navigation and how to describe the environment are trained.
in primary education
Primary education is the first stage of children’s general education.
At this stage, correct literacy is ensured, that is, it teaches reading, writing, basic calculation and some of the cultural concepts considered essential, which are called key and basic skills that are directly reflected in the benefits of education .
At this stage, the child’s personality is also formed and developed, which underlines its importance to society.
Benefits of primary education
- Amplification of learning : In the first grades of primary school, topics that were barely disclosed in preschool are usually developed, and work is done in an inclusive way with the new contents of each area.
- Social interaction : Generally the groups of students become larger, and with them diversity is added to the social environments. In addition, they usually have contact with other sections or higher grades.
- Training activities: Group activities such as excursions or class trips arise. There are also usually sports or reading clubs.
- Academic structure : A specific work schedule and methodology is consolidated that will accompany the students for the rest of primary school.
- Access to secondary education: Primary education is a compulsory requirement for secondary education.
- Reading and literature : Literacy is consolidated and subsequently an introduction to reading-writing processes, text analysis and conclusions are given. Writing processes for written assignments and dictations are also implemented.
- Mathematics learning : There is a notable diversification of the mathematical concepts of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division (properties, powers, fractions, basic equations, etc.)
- Science learning : In Biology and Health topics such as diseases, puberty, zoology, food are addressed. Also nature or geology content such as volcanoes, earthquakes, earth cycles, etc.
- Bilingual education is instructed : English is generally taught as a secondary language, although it is also common to see courses in German, French or Portuguese, so that with bilingual education language knowledge is expanded.
in secondary education
This is what education after primary school and before university is called. This plays a complex role in shaping the child as a person and also in shaping his or her career or job aspirations.
It is the time when they are exposed to the outside world and when they start to make their own decisions, so proper secondary instruction becomes necessary for all students to achieve success through education.
Benefits of secondary education
- Amplification of learning : The number of chairs doubles and usually goes from 6 to 12, these include chairs such as Physics , Chemistry, Mathematics, Physical Education , Language and Literature, Biology, History (national and world), Geology, Civil Education, among others. others.
- Social interaction : The bonds of friendship tend to deepen to the point that many adolescents consider their friends as family. There are also the first interactions with sexuality or dating relationships.
- Complementary activities : Activities arise such as social work and extracurricular projects that serve to complete the educational quality and to diversify the practical knowledge of the educational system .
- Academic structure : Secondary education serves as a preparation for university education, since each chair has a specialized teacher and with varied methodologies, just as it would be done at the university.
- Diversification of methodologies : The number of strategies to impart and teach the subjects is increased, where education based on projects, problems and inquiry is carried out more frequently, which propose different learning approaches.
- University access : Secondary education is a mandatory requirement for university entrance.
- Language and communication : Activities for reading comprehension, analysis, conclusions, research, information gathering are diversified. Learning is also optimized for the correct writing of papers, essays, conclusions, learning projects and theses.
- Mathematics development : Deeper topics in the area of mathematics such as algebra, pre-calculus, equations, trigonometry are investigated. In addition to knowledge of physics expressed in mathematical equations.
- Science learning : They impart knowledge on basic chemistry, physics of motion, geology, architecture, programming, etc.
- Emotional education: secondary school is a stage of endless emotional and physical changes that must be approached with emotional intelligence so that the psychological development of the student is the most adequate possible.
In college education or higher education
The main objective of university education is to turn people into autonomous beings , who are capable of acting and thinking for themselves and, thanks to this, achieve personal maturity to be able to live within a society.
Benefits of college education
- Increases job opportunities : Often you have to compete with hundreds of other candidates for a vacancy, where the lower the educational level the greater the number of people applying for the same low-wage entry-level position, thus, a One of the benefits of a college education is that it will increase your chances of getting a job.
- Develops problem solving skills : One of the benefits of education is that the educational system teaches us how to obtain and develop critical and logical thinking as well as independent decision making.
- Increases the chances of a prosperous life : Education has always earned the respect of society. To ensure a comfortable lifestyle, people need to educate themselves and get a well-paying job to be successful and satisfied.
- Create a modern society : Education is essential for modern societies, it is necessary to study culture, history and other important aspects in order to contribute to the advancement of a society.
- It should also be noted that one of the main benefits of a university education is that it gives you the freedom to choose what you want to be educated on, and what you will spend your time as a student.
Virtual education and its benefits
One of the benefits of current education is virtual learning , which counts as a learning experience that is allowed through the use of computers and/or the Internet, both outside and inside the facilities of the educational organization.
Virtual classes are commonly held in an online environment and involve the teacher and students being physically separated (in terms of distance , time, or both). Teaching, or virtual classes, are carried out through online activities.
Benefits of virtual education
- Remote access to an unlimited variety of educational services (subjects and tutors) offered around the world.
- You can create your own workspace.
- The learning process is individualized as it takes into account the personal level of the individual and their skills , individual needs and different learning styles.
- Safe learning environment.
- Easy for participation and concentration.
- Learning is flexible in terms of time, place and pace.