Norwegian citizens who travel to Canada for short-term stays do not have to get a Canada visa. Instead, if you plan to travel there by air, you are required to apply for a Canada ETA. Fortunately, you can do that online, and if you use the services provided by iVisa, you can have your electronic authorization within just 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS AN ETA?
It is an electronic travel authorization that allows some travelers that want to enter Canada by plane.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO APPLY?
The first thing on your mind should be meeting the requirements. But you have no reason for concern since the list is short and contains items that are not difficult to acquire. Here is what you will need for a successful application process:
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a CANADA VISA FOR NORWEGIAN CITIZENS must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, you will be required to make the payment. iVisa is versatile as far as paying for its services goes, which is why you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment. You can use the one that is most convenient for you.
CAN YOU TELL ME THE COST AND PROCEDURE TIMES?
The processing time that you select for your Canada ETA will determine the price. These are the alternatives:
- Standard – this process is affordable and your Canada ETA will be ready in 24 hours paying the amount of USD 54.99.
- Rush – it means that you will get your travel authorization within 4 hours and just pay USD 98.49.
- Super Rush – you can opt for this alternative if you need your document in 30 minutes. All you have to do is pay USD 147.49.
HOW IS THE APPLICATION FORM FOR THE ETA?
After you manage to put together the documents, you can access the application page to fill out the form. The task should not take you more than 20 minutes to complete, but if you have any questions, contact us. We are at your disposal 24/7.
You will notice that the form on iVisa’s application page is broken down into three steps.
- During the first one, all you have to do is provide basic information, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that the choice you make determines the cost of your CANADA VISA FOR CZECH CITIZENS.
- When you get to the second step, you are required to handle the payment, but be careful to review your formulary to avoid any mistakes.
- The third step is the point at which iVisa asks you to upload some documents that support your application.
As soon as you are through, you can hit the submit button and iVisa will send you the authorization in the agreed timeframe.
WHAT’S THE VALIDITY OF THE ELECTRONIC TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION?
The ETA is valid for 5 years after issued or until passport expires. So, just enter Canada within this timeframe!
HOW MANY ENTRIES AM I ALLOWED? HOW LONG CAN I BE IN THE CANADIAN TERRITORY?
You will have a Multiple Entry and you can stay 180 days Per Entry.
IF I WANT TO TRAVEL WITH MY KIDS DO I HAVE TO REQUEST AN ETA FOR THEM?
All foreigners who want to visit Canada require an ETA, including kids.
WHAT DOES AN ETA LOOK LIKE?
Here’s a sample!
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS TYPE OF ETA?
Go to this page and get more info about the travel document or you can chat with our operators any day.
What is important to remember is that the citizens of Norway do not need a Canada visa for short-term stays. You need, however, a Canada ETA to board your flight. The ETA has a validity for 5 years since issue or until your passport expires if that happens first. You are granted multiple entries and you can stay in Canada for up to 180 days per visit.
Trust iVisa and we will gladly help you to have a stress free process and an enjoyable journey!
Yixi (Sophia) Li is the co-author of this article. She is a licensed immigration consultant (RCIC) who has been working with an immigration law firm since 2016. She is also a licensed paralegal in Ontario and a notary public. She has a Masters of Law. In 2018, she founded Mainstay Immigration Law Firm and Yixi Li Legal Firm.