India e-Visa Information
India e-Visa is an electronic Indian Visa Application Online introduced by the Government of India in 2014 to speed up the time of obtaining a visa and allow all eligible travelers to enter the country for visits related to tourism, business, and medical treatment.
There are five types of the Indian e-Visa available that differ according to the traveler’s purpose of visit or the length of the validity period. The tourist Indian e-Visa is a single-entry travel authorization that stays effective for one month (30 days) from issuing and allows its holders to visit India for up to 30 days.
The remaining types of the Indian e-Visa are multiple-entry visas that allow a stay from 60 to 180 days with a validity period ranging from 4 months up to 5 years from the date of issue, depending on the selected type (Business/Medical/One-Year/Five-Year e-Visa).
Applicants need to fill out the application form with personal and passport information, upload a few supporting documents, and make a secure online payment to complete the process of applying online.
The approved online visa to India will be sent to the applicant’s email address in 72 hours or even less.
For almost all eligible citizens, Indian e-Visa costs 129 Euro; for citizens of Russia, Ukraine, the United States, Great Britain, and Mozambique, the fee is 149 Euro.
Since 27th of March, 2022, all travelers planning to visit India must complete the Air Suvidha Self Declaration Form.
Complete the Indian health declaration online within 72 hours from the planned departure to India to receive a PDF confirmation via email.
Completing the Air Suvidha Self Declaration Form is mandatory and the confirmation of its completion will be checked at the border.
India e-Visa types
There are five types of e-Visa for India: Tourist, Business, Medical, One-Year, and 5-Year one. Continue reading to learn more about each travel authorization available.
- The e-Tourist Visa is a single-entry visa, issued for purposes of tourism, such as holiday trips and visiting family or friends. It stays valid for 30 days from issuing and makes it possible for its holders to stay in India for up to 30 days.
- The e-Business Visa is a multiple-entry visa that allows you to participate in business meetings, conferences, or negotiations, as well as other business activities. It is valid for 1 year from the date of issue. A business traveler may stay up to 180 days total during that period, either consecutively or throughout numerous visits.
- The e-Medical Visa is a triple-entry visa that allows the holder to undergo medical treatment in India. It is valid for 4 months from the date of issue. Its holders may stay in India for up to 60 days in total, either consecutively or spread over 3 visits.
- One-Year eVisa for 129 EUR – is a multiple-entry travel authorization that allows numerous leisure-related visits to India within its one-year validity period.
- Five-Year eVisa for 149 EUR – is a multiple-entry travel authorization that allows numerous 90-day leisure-related visits during its five-year validity period. Citizens from the USA and Japan can stay in India with the 5-year eVisa for 180 days with each visit.
List of eligible countries
All citizens of countries on the following list are required to carry an Indian Visa Online Application in order to enter this country for purposes of tourism, business, or medical treatment.
Eligible countries include:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Costa Rica
- Cote D’Ivoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Cook Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vatican City
If your country of citizenship is not listed, it is necessary to apply for a standard embassy visa in order to visit India.
India e-Visa application form
At Evisa Express, our mission is simple: to connect you with the e-Visa you need.
We’ve developed a simple and efficient application process to maximize ease and security. 96% of the submitted applications by travelers using our services are successfully approved!
The application form
Select the purpose of your travel (business, medical/hospitalization, or tourism) and click “Apply Online.”
- First, provide basic information in the application form, including your email address, planned dates of arrival and departure, and the port of entry you have chosen.
- Next, upload a photo of your passport’s bio-data page and the applicant’s face photo (that can be taken using a phone or a PC camera).
Important! Your passport must stay valid for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival to India.
Payment and processing
When you’ve finished entering information and uploading the supporting documents, you’ll be directed to complete an online payment. Then, a confirmation number will be sent directly to the email address provided in the application form.
The entire India e-Visa processing time will take a maximum of 3 business days. However, the average time of application approval when using our services is just 51 hours!
The India e-Visa validity depends on the type of travel authorization you have selected.
The electronic Indian visa for business purposes stays valid for one year from the issue date. However, the medical one has a 4-month validity period.
Single-entry e-Visa for India stays valid for one month from issuing, but there’s also a one-year and five-year India e-Visa available.
Make sure that your passport will not expire for at least 6 months from the intended date of entering India and choose a preferred e-Visa type to apply for.