Tourist Visa is granted to a Foreigner who does not have a residence or occupation in India and whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sight-seeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives, attending a short term yoga programme. No other activity/purpose is permissible on a Indian Visa Application for Tourist Visa.
NB: Please ensure that all entries in the online, as well as printed application form, are correct.
NB: For visa to be processed, passport should be valid for at least 180 days or more. The passport must have at least two blank pages and should not be mutilated /damaged /tampered in any manner.
- Filling up of Online Application Form
- Regular Visa Application to be filled online using the website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html
- Complete the form carefully to ensure entries such as passport number, name, date of birth etc. are correct.
- Take a printout of completed form.
- Please click for visa fee structure here.
- Fee is payable by two separate crossed postal order/bank drafts in Euro, drawn in favour of Embassy of India, Dublin as per visa fee structure.
- Visa fee once deposited shall not be refunded.
2. Submission of Application and Documents to Embassy
Submit the following documents either at Embassy in person or send by post to Embassy of India, 69 Merrion Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin-4, Ireland.
- The above printed application form.
- Two separate postal order/bank drafts as above.
- One passport size photograph with white background.
- Passport of the applicant.
In respect of Minors: Copy of Birth certificate and copy of passports of both parents. Application for minor child to be signed by parents.
- Proof of residence in Ireland e.g. utility bill or bank statement (for non-Irish passport holders).
- Copy of Irish Residence Permit (IRP) card (for Non-Irish passport holders, where applicable).
NB: (a) Before applying to the Embassy, please ensure all the above documents and appropriate fee have been attached with the application.
(b)To receive the passport by post, applicants are required to provide a self-addressed registered envelope (tamper proof envelope only) for Embassy to return documents after processing.
(c)Acceptance of visa application does not automatically guarantee grant of a visa. The visa application may be accepted, modified and refused by the Embassy in its full right. Decision of the Embassy of Indian Business Visa, Dublin in the matter shall be final.
Document submission time: Monday to Friday between 9.30 a.m. and 12.00 noon (Except holidays)
Each visa application is processed individually by the Embassy. As a result processing times may vary between applications.
Irish passport holders: If application is complete in all aspects it usually takes 2 working days from the date of submission in the Embassy.
Non-Irish passport holders: 5 working days from the date of submission in the Embassy.
Nationals of Pakistan, Persons of Pakistani origin and other Prior Reference Categories will require longer processing time.
3. Collection procedure:
Visa can be collected either personally by the applicant or by third party on presentation of authorisation letter signed by the applicant and with receipt.
Documents collection time: Monday to Friday between 4.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Except holidays).